The Church of the Assumption played a role in the lives of not one, but two of Philadelphia’s Catholic saints. It was St. John Neumann who authorized construction in 1848, by the noted church architect Patrick Charles Keely. A decade later, Katharine Drexel was attending Mass in the sanctuary, along with other affluent members of the city’s ethnic German community.

(via VIADUCTgreene)

DreamHost