Neighborhood Security Meeting Summary
Thanks to everyone who came out for last night’s neighborhood security meeting, especially our guests: Councilman Mark Squilla and Officers Ferrero and Williams from the 6th District.
For those who couldn’t make it here’s a summary of what we learned:
- If you see illegal or what looks like illegal activity call 911, tell them where you are, Callowhill, the name of your building, street address… Tell them everything you have seen/heard. Don’t be shy about calling. The police want to hear from us. It’s how they know the area needs their attention.
- Issues like trash dumping call 311
- If you are unsure if an issue is 911 or 311, call 911. If it’s a 311 issue you will be rerouted.
- Officer Joe Ferrero has worked in our neighborhood for 20 years. He works with a team of 12 officers, some in uniform, some plain clothes. Officer Ferrero gave us his cell number- 215-375-0932, call him, if he doesn’t answer leave a message and he will call you back. But remember if its an emergency call 911 first!
- If you see a “camp” set up, people living on the street, call Officer Tonya Brown at the 6th District, 215-686-3060 . These sites are cleared by Sgt. Joe Harper of the 9th District. You can call him directly at 215-686-3090. If you call Officer Brown she will call Officer Harper.
What we can do :
- Light the outside of your property
- Don’t leave ANYTHING in your parked car
- If you have security cameras on your property you can register with the police and help solve crimes.
To register your cameras call Officer Bob Savino at the 6th District, 215-686-3063.
Callowhill Neighborhood Association