CIHD: The Rebman Building

The Callowhill Industrial Historic District (CIHD) is bounded by North Broad Street to the west, Hamilton Street to the north, Pearl Street to the south, and 12th Street and the curve of the Reading Railroad Viaduct to the east. It is a relatively small historic district of 66 resources – 39 contributing buildings, one contributing site, one contributing structure, 24 non-contributing sites and one non-contributing building. The early phases of our exploration of The Eraserhood focus on the dedicated buildings within this district.

Just North of Reading Viaduct stands the 1903 Rebman Building, at 429 N. 13th St. built by architectural firm Ballinger & Perot, who later built the Atwater Kent Radio Plant on Wissahickon Avenue. This was one of the first of the Eraserhood factory buildings converted to lofts.

 

 

 

DreamHost