Misty night outside of The Divine Lorraine Hotel, at the corner of Broad and Fairmount in North Philadelphia.
Designed by architect Willis G. Hale and built between 1892 and 1894, the building originally functioned as apartments, housing some of Philadelphia’s wealthy residents. Lorraine Apartments was one of the most luxurious and best preserved late 19th-century apartment houses in Philadelphia. In 1900 the building became the Lorraine Hotel when the Metropolitan Hotel Company purchased the apartments. Later it would become the first hotel in Philadelphia to be racially integratedilg under Father Divine.
Today it has been restored and is an apartment building again.