Get Up’s kickass wheatpaste from last summer on the bottom of I-95 near Callowhill Street.
The CFF will feature 30+ programs over the course of 24 consecutive days. Venues include PhilaMOCA, International House, Ardmore’s Viva Video!, and others TBA. Community partners/presenters include International House Philadelphia, The Secret Cinema, TLA Entertainment, Exhumed Films, Urban Archives – Temple University Libraries, Reelblack, Termite TV, Viva Video!, Artsploitation Films, Japan America Society of Greater Philadelphia, and many others.
Sallie Ford & the Sound Outside will release their new album Untamed Beast on February 19th via Partisan Records. Pre-order the album here. They will open for Thao & the Get Down Stay Down on March 23rd at Underground Arts; tickets are available here.
Southwest Corner Broad Street and Wood Street – Elk’s Home.
679 North Broad Street
Copyright © 2012, Bob Bruhin. All rights reserved.
NOTICE :Please mark your calendar for May 13, 2013,The 2013 CNA General Meeting & Board Elections.BOARD ELECTIONS:
- There are six Board positions available.
- To serve on the CNA Board, you must live or work within the boundaries of CNA and be up to date with your membership dues.
- Dues can be paid on our website, www.callowhill.org, by hitting the Donate button. After entering your info you will have the option to send additional info to the recipient (CNA), click there and let us know the donation is your 2013 annual dues. Or you can send a check payable to CNA to: 1115 Hamilton St Phila PA 19123
- Dues are $25.00 per year for individuals, $50.00 per year for businesses.
- To nominate yourself or another community member, please fill out the nomination form (below) and email it firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations will be posted on the CNA site.
- Board Members Robert Cheetham, Robert Hakalski, Joanne Kundrat, Joe Petry, Dennis Pilsits,and Gary Reuben are running for re-election.
Deadline for nominations is May 1, 2013
Spend your Tuesday night with Mick, Keith, Ron, Brain and Charlie!
A double feature of Rolling Stones documentaries at Reel Good Time: Movie Night TONIGHT. 8PM-12AM.
8PM: The Rolling Stones: Stones in Exile
10PM: The Rolling Stones: Gimme Shelter
(via The Trestle Inn)
An interview with “accidental preservationist” Eric Blumenfeld and a report on the conflict over a proposed historic district in the Overbrook Farms neighborhood headline a 12-page special section on historic preservation in the March issue of Grid Magazine, jointly produced by Grid and the Hidden City Daily. The issue will hit the streets February 7.
We’re throwing an issue release party along with Grid Thursday, Feb. 7th from 6-8 PM at Reading Terminal to celebrate–free beer!–and you our loyal Hidden City Daily readers (and your friends and friends of friends) are invited. To sign up for the party, click HERE.
PURPLE and BLACK – The best of Prince and D’Angelo
Sunday, Feb 24, 2013 7:00 PM EST (7:00 PM Doors)
Underground Arts, Philadelphia, PA
Broad and Wood Streets – Looking Northeast from Elks Hotel.